1.13.2009

Information on SVG Files


NEW!!

Tips on how to use SVG files

along with Sure Cuts A Lot software:


I do own a Cricut Expression but I do not own SCAL at this time, though I have downloaded the trial version and I am familiar with how it works. I've also had many people test my SVG files to make sure they work perfectly.


HOW TO SCALE/RESIZE FILES:Everyone likes the set up of each file a bit differently... I have taken a lot of advice into consideration and came up with the decision to have each file as a separate color. Meaning if a paper piecing is made up by 4 colors, then there will be 4 SVG files which you can then import into SCAL and resize and/or multiply.

WHY IS THERE A SMALL CIRCLE in the top left corner?
The idea of the circle is to make sure that after you cut, all your pieces will fit together perfectly and proportionately...

You may have noticed how hard it is to keep the pattern scaled properly because SCAL imports each file at different sizes sometimes, not the size I saved the file in. So to help with this problem I have added a small circle to the top left hand corner of each SVG. Here is the idea of how you use that circle:
1. Import one SVG file;
2. Scale it to the size you want;
3. Send it to cut;
4. Before you delete it, import the next SVG file of the same pattern;
5. Scale that file to fit the first one you imported by lining up the small circles to be the exact same size as the first file;
6. Delete the first file you already cut;
8. Repeat steps 4 thru 7 until you have cut the whole pattern.


OPTIONS FOR EYES (Bear, Bunny, Reindeer, Duck):
I have 2 options for making eyes. But of course, you are always welcome to be creative and make your own eyes!
1st option - Using your diecut machine and SVG eye file I sent to you, CUT eyes on black cardstock and use a white gel pen to accent.

2nd option - Open PDF eye file I sent you, PRINT on white cardstock and cut each eye out using scissors. Remember if you use this option and you resize your paper piecing, you will need to resize the PDF eyes as well... instruction are HERE.

Opening a PDF that you get with your SVG files:
Every paper piecing pattern file that you purchase comes with a FULL PDF version of the same pattern. I don't want you to have to deal with too many PDF files so I have merged them into a packaged PDF bundle. Meaning when you open the PDF, you will see all the different PDF files located on the left hand side of the pages. It is as easy as clicking on each file for it to open. Here is a screen shot of what I mean:

1 comment:

Karin said...

great instructions thanks